Beware, or I'll eat you alive.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010 Everyone!!!

Hello Sweet Things to 2010!!

I hope all of you had a wonderful New Years celebration.

Mine was fantastic!! I went with friends to a New Years Party on Board the U.S.S. Hornet, it was so much fun, and good food, great music, I dressed in my 1940's evening dress, feeling all glamoured up.

Yoshi was enjoying herself, we danced with our partners, and even with some gentlemen that didn't have dates, Oh but was I soaking my toes this morning. The party seems like a dream now, and Monday back to work***sigh*** well it can't be all fun and games.

Or as Yoshi says "Cheese and Kisses".

Poor Joe and Frank they pulled late duty, I told them to come and crash at my place, I had the fold up cots all ready for them. They got off duty not until the wee hours of the morning, but from what I understand, it went very well, nothing like last year. Oh a few arrests, but all peaceful.

Poor dears, they were snoring this morning so bad that it sounded like they were sawing through Redwood logs. I let them sleep, left a note for them in the kitchen, had plenty of eggs, bread, coffee, bacon, Canadian bacon, and other fixings for breakfast.

Lillian and I went out for a late brunch, her family came by for celebrations for new years, but she said she doesn't stay up late like she use to, has to get "her beauty sleep".

She told me that just after it struck midnight, people were outside, banging pots, yelling happy new year, tooting on horns, and one fellow was running down the middle of the street blowing a whistle.....I missed that one, I was on board an aircraft carrier.

Now today is grey and slightly drizzly. And there's snow on the mountains, good, maybe it will be a wet year.

Now I'm tired, I think I'm going to just vegetate this weekend and get a few things done, and call my Folks and see how they are doing.

I am hopeful that 2010 will be a better year, things have been so bad, it has to start turning around. We can hope.

Until later Sweet Things, Kisses.

No comments: