Beware, or I'll eat you alive.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A 3 Day Weekend and~~~~

And Sweet Things, I am putting together all the things that must be done to do my income tax return.

But all was not lost, Joe insisted that we go for a little while out of town, where to? To a Gun shop where I saw a lovely .38 Smith & Wesson 5 shot Body Guard with laser and hammerless.

Joe was insistent that it be purchased. And why, I ask him.

One always needs a back up he said and I came across the gun safe of my dreams, can it be delivered? I ask. For a small fee yes, well considering that gas is now over $4 a gallon that's understandable.

They did have a .38 special by Charter Arms, as well---in Pink! with a sign next to it saying "Yes! It's Pink!" Several ladies were admiring it and I think one of them will buy it.

I have GOT to get to a Gun Show! I'm missing the smell of cordite in the morning.

So a new gun, which I'll pick up in a few weeks and a new gun safe that will be delivered tomorrow and I have the perfect spot for it. And it is extremely fire-resistant---very important.

Joe is now grilling two lovely steaks on the outdoor grill, we'll have a little wine, the salad is made, I asked him if he wanted me to prepare a vegetable but he's grilling peppers, tomatoes and something else. He said he wanted to do something that passes for normal after all the insanity that he's been going through and for him to have this time off is precious to both of us.

Tomorrow he's going to work on the Ford while I do the mundane things.

But tonight it's going to be ice cream and popcorn over at Lillian's to watch of all things "Munster Go Home" on Svengoolie, with Lillian and Heather and the little Beast.

I feel like a kid again, enjoying a childhood that I never really had, not that I begrudge my parents on that, but it seems right to enjoy childhood things. I want to go on Merry-go-rounds and Ferris Wheels, Drive the bumper cars, and eat cotton candy that's so sweet it makes one's teeth ache.

Joe is not perfect, we have our arguments, but we never go to sleep mad, we try to find out why we argued. Joe has said he's never tried that before, trying to search for the "why" of things.

I can only agree, why yesterday I had a "hissy-fit" at one of our people, she always gets on a "high-horse" about something or other and wastes time complaining about it.

Yesterday I and my Assistant had bought several boxes of Girl Scout Cookies, and I know people have issues about that, but it has become a tradition for me and Joe loves the Shortbread ones.

So do several other people on the staff, when Miss High-Horse started complaining about all the unhealthy things in Girl Scout Cookies, and that they were made in China, when on the box it says Kentucky.

Finally I had had enough and said "If you are not happy with the cookies, write a letter of complaint to the National Office of the Girl Scouts and complain to them, do not waste my time, other peoples time or create an uncomfortable atmosphere in this office. With the time that you wasted complaining you could have looked up the address, wrote it out on an envelop and started drafting a letter of complaint----Those that want to, do so----Those that just want to take up air, complain---and it seems to me that you are doing the latter, so do something or be quiet and let us enjoy these so-called unhealthy cookies once a year."

And with that I took a bite of one of the Samoas and thoroughly enjoyed eating it right in front of her. I am happy to say so did the rest of the staff, while she went back to her desk.

I documented the situation and sent it on to H.R. this person has more than once created an uncomfortable situation by her belligerent attitude, and I am hoping that she will get a "side-ways" promotion. Which more than likely will happen.

Fortunately the feed back I received from the rest of the floor was positive on this situation so right now Girl Scout Cookies rule. On Tuesday I'm going to buy a box of Thin Mints.

And now the steaks are ready and Joe has poured the wine, and he's put on my favorite Dean Martin CD. Hmmmm I wonder what he's up to.

Kisses Sweet Things.

No comments: