Beware, or I'll eat you alive.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!!!!~~~~

Hello Sweet Things, Hello!!!

And a Happy 4th of July to all of you!

Right now Joe is preparing the bar-b-que and friends will be over for an evening Bar-Be-Que, pot luck and all.   Wether we go and watch fireworks or not is of no importance only to just simply enjoy everyone's company.

But I have just time to do a quick post.

Joe and I had a wonderful one month honeymoon, and we Love our vintage airstream trailer,  its not a very big one, just perfect for two people and although Joe knows how to tow trailers even this little baby was a learning lesson.

Although we did spend our wedding night (really two nights) in a fabulous hotel before we set out on our adventure and it does help to know which roads are really good for trailers and which are not.

The wedding was simple and perfect, Dad gave me away, my sister was maid of honor, Frank was Joe's best man and we all dressed vintage,  I thought we were going to have the dinner at my Parents house but Dad surprised us with a fabulous dinner at this place that looks like a speakeasy and they had a dance band that played the real oldies, Joe and I had fun cutting a rug as they say.

Then back very late to my parents house where the car was rigged with the "Just Married" decorations, thanks to Ted and then well a good nights sleep, well it was 3 in the morning when we got to bed Sweet Things.  But seeing the happy tears in Dad's and Mom's eyes, after all those previous years of agony, to come to such a wonderful point in all our lives, that is a memory I will have and cherish forever.

I think Mom and Dad were concerned that I would never get married and even I thought that for a long time as well, but it is amazing how things can change,  of taking that leap of faith.   I still am in wonder about it.

As Baby Sis caught the bouqet.  ;)

After two nights to recover and relax we rounded up the truck and trailer and we were off,   we traveled North to the Aveue of the Giants taking in all the Kitchy tourists traps once we settled the trailer and took a tour of historic Eureka,  and other historic sights, then we traveled South through the wine country again bought some wonderful vintages, continuing along 101 we even stopped at a number of historic Missions,  I started a charm bracelet, at every place we stopped I bought a charm and added it to the bracelet, how it jingles!

We stopped at Alivia Beach for several nights, then further down and Yes Sweet Things, we hit Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studio's.  I even bought two BATES Motel Towel sets for the Bathroom just for Halloween.  We took in Hearst Castle and Morro Bay,  then back tracking we went to Lake Tahoe,  Joe suprised me by becoming a member of KOA so we'd be able to book RV reservations, he didn't tell me he did that, but considering that June is the Honeymoon month and also the kids are out of school making those reservations in advance paid off.

A couple of times we stayed at a better chain motel so we'd have a chance to properly clean out the trailer and check it.   It and the truck really went through a work out.   It was a good thing he had a really large cooling system installed for the engine and transmission.

But we did get hit with the heat wave on the way home,  it was a good thing we got back when we did.

Next week Joe is going to have the brake system on the trailer completely checked out and the truck as well.

I had a chance to call my parents during the trip to let them know where we were going and when we got there,  and post cards oh did I buy, write and mail post cards,  good thing I bought a lot of stamps.   I know Post Cards are so old fashion but its the personal touch that really touches people.  Not once did I and Joe go near a Wi Fi and we didn't miss any television, we read newspapers, listened to the radio but it felt wonderful to be cut off from all the stress and simplify our lives.

Now we are planning a week long trip in the fall, I'm saving the destination for now.  

But I do have to make several weekend trips to my house in the country,  my caregivers told me that it has been very popular for weddings this year and there is one couple that want to plan a wedding in Novemeber in the large parlor, they want to do it Victorian Period, so I need to see how that would be feasible, depending upon the number of guests.   Any funds that come in from the weddings goes to maintaining the house, ultilities, taxes and upkeep of the property, my caregivers do not receive any pay since they are getting a pension and are living free on the premises, so it's not for profit for me, I just love the old place and that strong feeling of saving it from developers was very strong with me, I and a quite a number of people are glad that I saved it.

And we had a group of ghost hunters ask my caregivers if they could investigate the property, I think I'll need to talk to them and find out what kind of liablity might be involved.

But right now Joe and I face a delimma,  with my car, the truck, Joe's jeep, his car, the 2 vintage cars and the trailer we have no space to store them at my place.  The two vintage cars are in the garage with Joe's jeep parked out in the driveway along with my car,  Joe's car is parked on the street and since he moves it a lot we don't have a problem but the truck and Trailer are in a storage lot that stores Boats and some trailers near by.

And Joe is talking about a small R.V.  to go to places were towing a trailer would not be feasible.   I said we are going to have to sell something.  We can afford the insurance and licences and the storage fees, and the only thing that needs smogging is the truck, and our two cars, the Jeep and the 2 vintage cars are fine and if we get an RV we'll need to deal with that as well.   Joe suggested that we go and talk to my insurance agent, who is also Joe's agent as well, since we're now married we maybe able to "bundle everything" into a much cheaper rate, plus the two houses.   I think we can do it, but we'll know better by next week.

And I'll be telecommuniting for the time being because of the BART strike although I'm hoping by next week it will be settled.

But for now we are happy, and working together to work out any situation that we will face.  Now I must go our guests will be here any minute.

Have a Happy 4th of July Sweet Things and be safe.

Kisses

1 comment:

Ahkenaten Kor said...

Seems as though you guys are truly enjoying the chance to travel, which is great. The number #1 thing old people say when they lament about the past is that they never got to see that places they've always wanted to see. Good for you guys...